Prayer can be summarised in one sentence: Dependency on God. As fear and anxiety grips our nation the people of God have a duty to seek Him and call for His intervention during this distressing season. There may be many activities we cannot do, however one we can all take part in - is prayer.
Below are a few guidelines to prompt us into prayer. Please check continually for updates.
General Prayer Points:
- The NHS – Please pray for all people associated with our amazing National Health Service. Specifically doctors and nurses who will be under considerable strain during this time.
- Our country's leadership – Please pray for Boris Johnson. That the Lord may grant him health and wisdom as he leads the nation during this time, as well as other vital figures in our country's government.
- For all countries worldwide, especially in the third world, as they seek to contain and combat the outbreak.
- For parents, as they will have to look after children during this time.
- For all those suffering with fear and anxiety. Those who are followers of Christ, that they may continually look to Him for comfort and reassurance. That our eternal hope may make an earthly difference.
- Pray for those who are yet to put their faith in Jesus. That they would turn back to Him during this time and find in Him a supernatural peace that passes all understanding.
- People who maybe without assistance and isolated. Pray that communities would look after not only themselves but the vulnerable within there neighbourhoods.
Specific Prayer Points For Chenies Church Family:
- Prayers for our overseas outreach partners. Especially the Knowlsons in Spain, who have contacted us to say the situation is causing a serious strain on the nation.
- Please pray for health and protection for Reidun Vargas (Tamia's mum) who lives in Norway. She has Type 1 diabetes and if she contracts the virus it could be extremely serious.
Bible Passages For Reflection:
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.